A honey extraction done by hand is too dangerous as many bees angrily swarm and sting, making the result unworthy of the effort. With a honey extractor, beekeepers have a less challenging time separating honey from the hive. However, with too many products to consider, the journey can easily overwhelm both novices and experts alike. However, with the right information, choosing the best honey extractor on the market is a stress-free experience.
What is a Honey Extractor?
A honey extractor is a machine designed to purge honey from the beehive safely without dealing with bees. Simply place the hive inside the extractor, and the machine will do the rest.
What is the purpose of a honey extractor?
The purpose of the honey extractor is to separate honey from the hive without damaging the hive's exterior or the honeycomb. Keeping the hive intact means there are future opportunities to retrieve more honey.
Do the legs matter in honey extraction?
The legs raise the extractor above the ground so a pail or bucket can slide underneath and catch the honey. Extractors with no legs are acceptable as long as it sits on a table.
What is the difference between manual and electric extractors?
Manual versus electric represents the type of force vital to making the product function. Manual extractors require a person's strength to separate the honey. Electric extractors rely on the machine's power for extraction. Electric extractors are easier to operate, yet they tend to lose speed over time due to age until they no longer function. Manual extractors require a person's continued strength to function until wear and tear eventually win out.
How We Reviewed
The following list of the best honey extractors relies on four reputable review sites to identify the best of the best. While only one product travels across all review sites, all of the ones listed here appear on at least two sites. We conducted extensive research to ensure the sites carried the precise product due to similarly shaped, sized, and colored honey extractors appearing on the market. The results favor no one and are listed in no particular order.
The price ranges for the ten honey extractors listed below are $100 - $400. Manual extractors are in every price range while electric ones tend to run at the high end. Before analyzing the results, consider your budget, the special features you want, manual versus electric, and legs versus no legs. Luckily, all of our selections are available for purchase at Amazon. Deals may exist on other websites.
Built from durable stainless steel, the Honey Keeper Pro 4 Frame Honey Extractor handles deep, medium, and shallow frames. In fact, it can handle four deep, eight medium, and eight shallow frames, which makes extraction simplistic. Clear lids exist for easy viewing, and warm water and soap make cleaning a breeze. Included with the electric extractor are stainless steel legs that bolt to the floor with nails.
The Goodland Bee Supply Honey Extractor is a manual two-frame extractor with an extensive package. Two frames, whether deep, medium, or shallow, can extract at one time with easy viewing. Included with the package are a three-piece straight leg stand and the honey gate (both require assembly). Perfect for beginners and experts, the extractor toolkit, also included with the purchase, contains a smoker, smoking fuel, frame spacing tool, frame grip, and a serrated uncapping knife made of stainless steel. Additionally, the kit includes a roller, a pry and scrape tool, hair bee brush, and a three-hook hive tool.
- Goodland Bee Supply SS Tangential Manual Honey Extractor
- Genuine Goodland Bee Supply Products
- Not Just The Basics, All Profession Laser Branded Beekeeping Tools
The stainless steel honey extractor from Hardin is a two frame electric device with sealed bearings and steel gears. Novices and professionals easily adjust extraction speed to the desired volt and walk away. The two frames in the extractor extract two shallow, medium, or deep frames at one time. Easily view the progress through the clear Plexiglas. Included with the extractor are the curvy legs, which require assembly, and the instructions, which will inform buyers of the cleaning process.
- 110 Volt Variable Speed Motorized Honey Extractor
- Stainless Steel Construction For Long Life
- 2 Frames Measuring 17" Tall By 11" Wide
The FoodKing 4 Frame Electric Honey Extractor thrives on performance and speed. View the progress through the clear Perspex double-sided lid. In addition, the electric extractor has two Plexiglas lids for debris prevention during honey extraction. Made of stainless steel, the product is easy to assemble and clean (warm water and soap). With curvy legs included, it's perfect for beginners and experts.
- Frames: 4; Operation: electric; features a quiet 120W 1300rpm motor
- Come with a drum height of 24 inches and diameter of 20 inches.
- Double sided top lid is made of clear perspex for easy viewing during the honey extraction.
The Hardin Professional 3 Frame Manual Honey Extractor is easy to clean with just warm water and soap, which is perfect for professional experts who desire a simple stainless steel construction. View the progress through the clear Plexiglas top to determine how much labor is necessary for successful extraction. Sealed bearings, optional straight legs, a lifetime warranty, and basic assembly make it the perfect choice for experts.
The VIVO BEE-V002 Honey Extractor is a perfect starter product for beginners. It has a two-frame extractor, allowing two shallow, two deep, and two medium frames to fit securely and extract simultaneously. The manual extractor comes with two clear lids for debris prevention, a clear Plexiglas lid for easy viewing, and two handles for easy transport. A stainless steel body and straight legs complete the package. Included are instructions for cleaning and assembly.
- Steel Drum - The stainless steel drum on this two-frame honey extractor is 24" tall and 15" in diameter, perfect for...
- Elevated - The distance from the honey gate to the floor measures 15.25", helping keep the extractor out of the...
- Frames - This honey extractor fits shallow, medium, and deep frames and also keeps the metal gears enclosed to keep them...
A stainless steel construction and a sleek finish complete the outside of The Best Choice Products Honey Extractor. A two-frame feature turns two baskets at once, and each basket can hold two frames at one time, making honey extraction efficient. The manual product has a double-sided lid clear enough to view your progress. Included with the product are straight legs. Rookies and novices can assemble and operate the product like a seasoned professional.
- Stainless steel construction allows for easy cleaning and sleek finish
- Solid metal crank turns 2 baskets inside smoothly and efficiently
- Baskets inside are able to hold as much as 2 frames at once
The most inexpensive product on the list is the Goplus Large Stainless Steel Honey Extractor. This manual product has a two-frame extraction fitting deep, shallow, and medium frames. View the extraction process with a clear plastic lid cover. A rust-resistant, stainless steel exterior; easy assembly, and easy cleanup (warm water & soap) make the no-leg Goplus Large Extractor worth the investment for novices and experts.
- Solid Material- This honey extractor is made of smooth stainless steel, very durable and solid. It can be used for a...
- Large Capacity- This durable two frame honey extractor fits shallow, medium and deep frames. It will definitely save...
- Clear Plastic Lids- The cover is composed of clear plastic, which can provide a easy viewing when you extract honey.
The Little Giant Farm & Agriculture Honey-Bee Extractor is stainless steel quality. The manual product has an easy-viewing Plexiglas lid. While assembly is necessary, the two-frame extractor works with deep, shallow, and medium frames. Included are curvy legs, cover, and honey gate. It's suitable for all skill levels.
- COLLECT HONEY - Use this 5-gallon bucket to collect honey from your bees, whether you are a beginner backyard beekeeper...
- SECURE LID - This bucket features a tightly fitting lid and honey gate, both can be securely closed to ensure you will...
- MULTI-PURPOSE BUCKET - This bucket also can be used for bringing simple syrup to the hive box to refill feeders, and is...
The XtremepowerUS Honey Extractor is a durable and rust-resistant stainless steel device. The two-frame honey extractor fits and extracts shallow, medium, and deep frames. The older device has no legs, yet the newer version does. It's very functional for all skill levels. Peek through the glass for results or missteps. Included with the manual product is an uncapping knife and cleaning instructions.
- Ideal for honey extraction without destroy honeycomb by centrifugal force
- Capacity: 90 lbs to 110 lbs; Drum/bucket height: 23.62"; Drum/bucket diameter: 15"
- Stainless steel construction for durability and anti-rusted structure
From these ten options, what's the best choice? The four review sites each crowned a different honey extractor the winner, so that's not helpful. Meanwhile, Amazon's star system contains a four-star rating or better on all the honey extractors on our list. Therefore, the winner went to the product with exceptional reviews across the board. The Hardin Royal 2 Electric Two Frame Stainless Steel Honey Extractor is the only top-five choice on three websites, making it the winner. The secondary winners are the Honey Keeper Pro 4 Frame Electric Extractor and Goodland Bee Supply 2 Frame Honey Extractor because they were in the top five on two of the lists. The tertiary choice is the Goplus Large 2 Frame, which is the only product appearing on all four lists.
So, what do you think? Is the list accurate? What are your favorite honey extraction products? Express yourself in the comments below. We love to hear your thoughts.
Last update on 2021-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API